Senior Systems Designer
Imagendary Studios is seeking an experienced and talented Senior Systems Designer to join our core team developing high quality AAA games. You will be responsible for the development of large scale gameplay systems for Imagendary projects. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in lasting and proven game design systems that keep players playing; applying their analytical and technical skills to create fun and engaging gameplay in software.
- Develop, implement, and modify various RPG systems that utilize currencies, player resources, skills, player stats, weapon stats, and other meta-game data structures for a 3rd person action-adventure title, both at a high level (on paper) and in software (game tools).
- Work collaboratively with senior leadership to develop all aspects of the vision for the larger gameplay loops that keep players engaged (minute to minute, hour to hour), from concept to ship.
- Familiar with various console and PC RPG elements in popular RPG titles and can speak to implementation of those both in and out of software.
- Work closely with engineering, design, and production disciplines to prototype and implement global systems as core gameplay features that constantly reinforce player choices.
- Understand, utilize, and follow best practices when building software with other team members. You hold scripting standards with high regard and champion them amongst the team.
- Utilize user testing, metrics, player feedback, team feedback, and a multitude of other diverse analytics to improve, iterate and refine the player experience throughout the development of the product.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- You have experience as a Systems Designer on more than one title.
- You have shipped at least one AAA game as a primary contributor or owner regarding systems design as it relates to 3rd person action adventure games.
- You have strong logic and visual scripting skills (aka Blueprint) and are comfortable working directly with engineering support staff and other technical designers.
- You prefer working hands-on with prototypes to prove that the game system choices are fun and exciting for players.
- Can easily receive and provide constructive criticism both up and down the chain of command.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willing to speak to all team members regarding the vision and direction for systems design.
- Highly self-motivated and driven by the player experience; you are willing to take the initiative to make the best player experience possible.
- You have Unreal Engine tools or similar experience.
- You have led, managed, or mentored other designers in a small team atmosphere.
- You have both text based and node based scripting experience.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Love for all things Sci Fi
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. Imagendary has 150+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. It is our goal to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!