Senior Visual Effect Artist
Imagendary Studios is looking for a talented, driven, and experienced Senior effects Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and cinematic animation. You will be responsible for crafting iconic visual effects and evoking the imaginations of players and audiences all over the world.
- Content creation of visual effects across all areas of the game/film which set the industry leading standard for the team and the project.
- Working closely with Software engineer and technical artist to develop techniques and tools for transferring high quality Houdini effect works into real-time engine (Unreal).
- Collaborate with other artists, designers and developers to ensure a consistent style and quality level across all the various types of game effects assets.
- Research and develop new effects solutions, visually and technically.
- Troubleshoot effects related issues in a timely manner and maintain your implementations throughout production.
- Work with graphics engineers to improve upon existing technologies and develop new ones that raise the bar of game effects, both visually and technically.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years’ experience as a professional effects artist in AAA games and/or film.
- Strong knowledge and experience in using both Houdini and Unreal Engine.
- Proficiency in fluid, particle, and rigid body simulations to create realistic effects in 3d packages such as Maya, or 3dsMax.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize work.
- A deep comprehension of how real-time visual effects influences performance and how to maintain visual standards while supporting game-play.
- Portfolio of high-quality effects work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with a scripting or programming language.
- Experience building and maintaining effects tools/Rigs
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. We have 50+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. We’ve worked hard to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!