Senior Technical Artist (Lighting)
Imagendary Studios is seeking a highly skilled and talented Senior Lighting Technical Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and cinematic animation. The ideal
candidate is a skilled Technical Artist with experience in Lighting. You will be collaborating with artists, designers, and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows, build production
tools, and identify performance metrics parameters.
- Serve as a liaison between Design/Art and Engineering teams, working closely with our Lighting Artists and Engineers.
- Consult with other technical artists to identify solutions, efficiencies, and tools for the enhancement of lighting.
- Help establish, communicate, and enforce guidelines, standards, and budget for lighting solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation of lighting processes, pipelines, workflows, and technology.
- Help prototype, test, and verify dynamic or baked and UE5 Lumen lighting techniques and tools.
- Run tests against established standards, prerender and realtime rendering systems with real-life lighting references to verify game/film content.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of professional experience in the game/film industry as a Technical Artist focusing on lighting.
- Strong understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- Strong experience of lighting theory, color space, photography, exposure, reflection, occlusion, dynamic range, color correction, post-process, etc.
- Strong knowledge of physically based materials and workflows, global illumination and light baking techniques.
- Experience with real-time game Engine such as Unreal Engine.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or Film production.
- Passion for gaming.
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. We have 50+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. We’ve worked hard to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!