Senior Technical Artist (Character & Environment Shading)
Imagendary Studios is seeking a highly skilled and talented Senior Character & Environment Shading Technical Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and cinematic animation. The ideal candidate is a skilled Technical Artist with experience in
Character & Environment Shading. You will be collaborating with artists, designers, and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows, build production tools, and identify performance metrics parameters.
- Create materials and shading validation tools as well as defining artistic and technical shading standards for 3D characters.
- Work closely with our core team members to develop efficient, maintainable workflows capable of supporting a large, complex project with a wide range of character & environment shading needs.
- Provide direct support to the Character & Environment Artist teams on materials and shading, develop tools and workflows to support Character Artists.
- Work with Engineering to develop best practices, technical guidelines, and performance metrics for character & environment shading.
- Have a good understanding of the PBR pipeline and workflows.
- Document workflows and advocate best practices.
- Have knowledge of the latest industry’s technological developments and research cutting-edge solutions to apply them into the projects.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of professional experience in the game/film industry as a Technical Artist focusing on character & environment shading.
- Fluent in one or more programming language (Python, C#, C++, etc.).
- Solid technical background with ability to design and implement systems.
- Solid understanding of shaders.
- Experience with physically based shader texture sets and pipelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or Film production.
- Passion for gaming.
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. We have 50+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. We’ve worked hard to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!