Senior Surfacing Artist
Imagendary Studios is seeking a highly skilled and talented Senior Surfacing Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and cinematic projects. You’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers, and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly epic and immersive game experience. The ideal candidate is skilled at texture painting and look development with experience in feature film, cinematic or game. You will be working closely with cinematics production and game development teams to provide high fidelity texture maps and materials for production assets.
- Produce high quality texture painting, materials and shading (lookdev) that meets the hyper
realistic aesthetic for all our projects.
- Collaborate with the asset creation team to achieve a unified vision for our project, providing
surfacing work through the pipeline and ensuring the production meets the highest standards of
quality and polish.
- Ability to handle both artistic and technically demanding texture painting and look development
tasks and ensure the assets are complete & ready for downstream departments.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio to help with workflow and pipeline developments.
- 4+ years of professional experience in film, cinematic or AAA game production as a texture
painter and lookdev (Surfacing) artist working on high quality assets.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D paint packages (Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Mari,
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of cinematic and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Have a good understanding in creating PBR textures, materials and lighting.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA games or cinematic productions.
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. We have 50+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. We’ve worked hard to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!