Senior Gameplay Camera Designer
Imagendary Studios is seeking an experienced and talented Senior Gameplay Camera Designer to join our core team developing high quality AAA games. You will be responsible for designing, applying, and adjusting the gameplay cameras, level camera, and cinematic transitions to ensure an immersive player experience for our 3rd-person action-adventure title.
- Working with Game Team leadership and using gameplay direction to solve for how to best present the game to the player’s perspective.
- Work collaboratively with engineers, animators, and other designers to develop all aspects of the camera for gameplay, from concept to ship.
- Understand, utilize, and follow best practices when building software with other team members. You hold scripting standards with high regard and champion them amongst the team.
- Utilize user testing, metrics, player feedback, team feedback, and a multitude of other diverse analytics to improve, iterate and refine the player experience throughout the lifetime of the product.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- You have experience as a Camera Designer on more than one title.
- You have shipped at least one AAA game as a primary contributor or owner using camera design to create compelling narrative storytelling.
- You are comfortable working directly with engineering support staff and other technical designers.
- You have great working knowledge regarding animation and animation-related systems that include state machines, state transitions, linked animations, and animation blending.
- Can easily receive and provide constructive criticism both up and down the chain of command.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willing to speak to all team members regarding the vision and direction for camera design.
- Highly self-motivated and driven by the player experience; you are willing take the initiative to make the best player experience possible.
- You have Unreal Engine tools or similar experience.
- You have led, managed, or mentored other designers in a small team atmosphere.
- Love for all things Sci Fi
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. Imagendary has 150+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. It is our goal to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!