Senior Environment Artist
Imagendary Studios is searching for a versatile Senior Environment Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and films. You’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly epic and immersive game experience. Your broader experience with game development and building well designed levels will help you work collaboratively with artists and designers to ensure that you are always putting gameplay first when it comes to developing strong, fun areas to play in.
- Design, model, and texture highly creative environment art, including natural environments and architecture in a sci-fi realistic style.
- Develop a broad range of indoor and outdoor environments that may include trees, foliage, architecture, props, vehicles, organic/hard surface assets and highly creative unique points of interest needed to define the visual direction of the game.
- Create benchmark art assets and best practices guides.
- Use your extensive expertise in game development to ensure the product is fun and meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Function as part of a fast-paced close-knit team: collaborate with artists and tech to achieve a unified vision for our project.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of professional experience designing, modeling and texturing high-quality environments assets using Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and Substance Designer/Painter (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs) as a professional Environment Artist in AAA games and/or films.
- Next-gen modeling, sculpting and procedural techniques and you know how to use them effectively to create a realistic sci-fi art style with allure and appeal.
- Thorough understanding of current real-time PBR pipelines, texturing/shading and workflows as well as new trends regarding AAA-asset creation standards.
- Can interpret artistic direction with ease, with or without concept art.
- Able to filter and evaluate artistic critiques on a professional level.
- Excellent design and compositional skills related to environment layouts. Ability to create compositionally appealing set dressing arrangements.
- Ability to “throw something together” for prototyping, as well as nimble enough to know when to throw it out, and when to lovingly polish your creations for mass consumption.
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to light entire environment sets for look development and final production.
- Solid understanding of architecture, camera lensing, composition and scale.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or VFX/Film production.
- Megascans using Quixel Bridge.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts.
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. We have 50+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. We’ve worked hard to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!