Senior Character Concept Artist
Imagendary Studios is looking for a talented, creative, and collaborative Senior Character Concept Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and films. The ideal candidate should have a playful imagination coupled with a high degree of artistic skill. They will be expected to take a seed of an idea and flesh out all aspects of the design.
- Working closely with Art Direction to create realistic sci-fi character concepts.
- Establish style by creating concept artwork, asset production designs, and graphics visually describing characters mainly, but may also help out with locations, props etc.
- Proficient in creating concept arts matching the style of the game or cinematic animation using various 2D, 3D or mixture of techniques.
- Use your extensive expertise in concepting for game/film development to ensure the production meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish.
- Create inspirational storyboards, sketches, layouts, color schemes and great clothing concepts.
- Function as part of a fast-paced close-knit team: collaborate with artists and tech to achieve a unified vision for our project.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Character Concept Artist in the gaming and/or VF/film industry.
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final illustrated state.
- Strong foundational skills including human/creature anatomy, form, proportions, silhouette as well as color theory, value, composition and scale.
- Self-starting, self-reliant personality and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development in regards to concept support.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or VFX/Film production.
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. We have 50+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. We’ve worked hard to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!