Imagendary Studios is seeking an experienced and talented Game Director to join our core team developing high quality AAA games. The ideal candidate should understand all areas of game design and production as it relates to delivering high-quality AAA titles on Next Generation platforms.
- Partner with the team leadership and creative department to set the overall vision and direction for our upcoming AAA titles.
- Support the creative director in communicating and detailing all game design elements with transversal and superior instances, such as editorial, management, etc.).
- Direct the game design team in creating epic game experiences based on our original IP.
- Work with the producers and creative teams to determine the production priorities and eventual scope adjustments.
- Define the design methods appropriate to the project and communicate those with the game design team.
- Guide and support the game design team to ensure that the systems answer the various constraints and ultimately create the right player experience for the right players.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 6+years of game design experience with multiple shipped AAA titles in a leadership role.
- Ability to communicate a vision and maintain good relationships with team leadership.
- Contribute with innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development.
- Proven ability to guide and inspire large development teams and analyze designs at a project level.
- First or third person shooting and action game development experience is a big plus.
- Had experience working with the Unreal Engine.
Imagendary Studios was launched in January 2021 with a vision to be the IP development of stories and world building for the next generation AAA games and cinematic animations. We have 50+ team members with two locations in Irvine California and Shanghai China. We are committed to building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity and creativity. We provide generous benefits and perks with an eye on balancing true work and life. We’ve worked hard to shape and build a strong collaborative and creative environment, an inclusive and diverse workplace culture, and professional growth training opportunities. Our people are everything and our goal is clear. We strive to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world. Join us!